Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Three weeks in to P90X-2!

Alright - I am a wuss when it comes to cold weather!  I have not been running or riding nearly as much as I should be!  So I need to make my time inside the best!  I did about a month of P90X back when I started running and then realized that I did not have the time to do P90X and train for my half-marathon.  Now, I am realizing that I do not have time NOT to do extra core strengthening.  I am not trying to sell anyone on P90X or P90X-2 but I will say that I have had amazing results in just three weeks and I have noticed a huge difference in my balance. 

I did not follow the nutrition plan the first go around because my diet was "running a lot" so I could eat whatever I wanted.  WRONG!  Calories are Calories when it comes to losing weight, but when it comes to fueling your body, you need to put the best fuel possible for the best performance.

People always say that eating healthy is so expensive; I have actually saved money by doing a few things:

  • Sit down for about 2 hours on Sunday and plan my meals for Mon-Sun (EVERY MEAL)
  • Make a grocery list with exactly what you need
  • Check the ads for the best prices
Some people might say "But I don't have the time to price match."  Alright, then go to walmart, they have a super easy price matching policy; I have used it, it consists of me saying "This is cheaper at Schnucks." and then they match it!

Not only have I saved money at the grocery, I am eating better than I ever have!  I have had good home-cooked meals for EVERY MEAL!

You have to make time for yourself!



199 Days until I jump in Lake Michigan to start my Half-Ironman!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment