April 2nd is the day that I will start following my Half Ironman training guide exactly as it was written; I found several Half Ironman training plans online and decided that the one at www.beginnertriathlete.com worked best for me; it is a 20 week plan that will prepare me for my August 19th Half Ironman date.
P90X2
I started the second phase of P90X2 two days ago, some of my muscles that haven't been utilized as much in the past are letting me know that it was a great workout! I have shed about 15 lbs since I started watching my weight and I have checked my Body Fat% for a second time to see where I am at with it; my goal is to get as slim as possible so I can be at my best physical condition on race day.
I picked up a foam roller to help stretch out muscles and prevent injury; I hate it and I love it at the same time!
A 3 month year old baby!
If you didn't know, my wife and I are expecting our first child in May; it's a boy! I know, I am crazy for planning a huge training schedule like this when my life is about to change so much. I am doing this triathlon for a lot of reasons:
- Confidence
- Health
- Desire to finish!
- Prove to others that they can do it too
Every time I think about my son or my Half Ironman, I get very excited!
![]() |
| Tony Horton has been my training partner lately :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment