I am feeling great after my nine mile run this morning. We started by going down hill and then greeted by steep hills occasionally through the route. At about 3.5 miles in, I experienced a cramp but I was able to run through it and it went away. I started to feel really good at mile 6 and I picked up the pace by just a little. I started to drag at mile 8 but then picked it back up so I could have a strong finish.
I finished with a 9 minute and 8 seconds pace per mile; to finish the half within my sub-2 hour goal, I need to run 13.1 miles at a 9 minute and 9 second pace or lower. Just last weekend I complete 8.87 miles with an 8 minute 50 second pace and it was much cooler. I imagine that it will cool down for the October half marathon and I will be able to keep up a sub 9 minute pace for the entire race.
Check out my workout here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/111485451
I think after the half marathon is over, I will continue to increase my mileage and run up to the full marathon distance of 26 miles for a personal accomplishment; I will have to evaluate my feelings on that in a month though :)
Today, I started thinking about competing in a full Ironman competition already. I imagine that I would be ready for a full Ironman by mid-2013; the Louisville Ironman is close so I hope I am ready to sign up for it after my half Ironman in Aug 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment