Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Mile Run and raising easy money or charity

4 miles - 37m32s
I ran 4 miles this evening and I felt pretty good; a little slower than I would have liked but it was warm!

Here is my workout link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/111155554

Raise money for charity by exercising!

If you are doing any type of physical activity then you should check out http://www.plus3network.com/; it costs you nothing and raises money for a variety of causes that you get to pick!  Anyone can sign up for Plus3; you will be prompted to chose a sponsor when you sign up.  I chose Pedro's as my sponsor because the charity they donate money to is Bikes Belong.  I have been using Plus3 for a few months and I have raised around $7 for all of the exercising that I have done; over a year I expect to raise around $28 which is pretty significant.


The swim was cancelled?!?!

Apparently, the coast guard issued a small craft advisory for Lake Michigan during the 2011 Steelhead Ironman 70.3 and the swim portion was cancelled :(  I am sure that a lot of athletes were upset because of all the work they put into their training.  The important thing to remember is that there will always be other competitions and 69.1 miles is no joke!

I thought about how I would feel if my swim portion was cancelled while I was at work today; I think everyone would be upset.  If the swim portion got cancelled then I am sure it is too dangerous to swim in and it was for the safety of the athletes.  I would still be excited to get to the finish line and I would still be proud of my accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment