Friday, September 2, 2011

Time to buy a wetsuit!

I want to spend time with Ashley tonight so I am going to make this short! 

I went swimming at the pool tonight and had a pretty good workout.  I am very excited for my 9 mile run tomorrow morning because I want to see if I can pull off a sub-9 min pace like I did last weekend!


I underestimated the temperature at which you need a wetsuit; 60 degrees doesn't sound to bad!  I asked around and I guess I will be COLD at 60 degrees in Lake Michigan.  I really did not want to spend anymore money but I guess this is money I will need to spend eventually.  I will have to stop by Get Wet soon and take a look at what they have.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Billy, big commitment, looking forward to making the same commitment in 2012. For wetsuit there are many benifits for the swim. You may want to check out begiunnertriathlete.com, they recently had a link with 50% off xterra wetsuits. www.xterrawetsuits.com Xterra has a great prodcut & customer service.

    Wish you luck & I hope to join your quest in 2012. PS. saw your reference in Your Health Matters.
    ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 degrees is cold, I did the sprint in Tri in Chicago water temp 73 degrees and I was glad I had a full wetsuit.

    Keep in mind you can also rent one, I rented mine for Chicago, it was 57 total with return mailing.

    You might want to rent first to see what you want, full or sleeveless..

    Tim

    ReplyDelete