Monday, April 9, 2012

Beginning of Week 2 - Day 8

Week 2
Day 8

Slept in until 9AM and enjoyed an episode of The Price is Right; after that, got to work on the yard :)

I had two workouts planned for today - Running for 40 minutes and swimming 1,600 yards.

RUN

My love for running has continued to grow; for some reason, I enjoyed my run more than I usually do.  It is easy to take things for granted - I am so thankful for the ability to take part in this training which includes running.  While on my run, I started to feel a tingle in my knee which got me thinking about how I am lucky to be able to do what I do!  I am confident that the tingle was more mind over matter, but, I am icing it just to be safe :)


SWIM

Went to the pool and did the following workout:

  • Warm Up - 6 x 100 Yards
  • Main - 4 x 400 Yards
  • Cool down - 2 x 150 Yards

During my swim, I had a headache, about halfway through my main portion of the workout, which is unusual - but it went away pretty quick.

I have gotten my bike ready for my early morning run/ride and I am about to go to bed - Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment