Sunday, April 8, 2012

Training - Day 6 and Day 7

Day 6 = REST!!!!!!

I was looking forward to this much needed rest!  Very glad that I was able to make it through my first week without feeling overwhelmed.  I would imagine that the first couple weeks would be the hardest while I am trying to build new scheduling habits.

Although I am looking forward to another rest day on Saturday; I am also looking forward to getting better at the sports I am practicing!



Day 7 - Easter

Well, just because Jesus has risen does not mean that I have to miss a planned workout!  My early morning ride gave me a great opportunity to socialize with a few friends and burn off some Calories that I will be consuming while eating my mom's amazing Hash Brown Casserole :D

I woke up at 6:45AM so I could meet some friends at 7:30AM to start our ride.  We had a great ride to the river front and back; took the long way so we could stretch the time out!  There was a pretty strong head wind when I first started the route which was slightly demotivating; but I just planned to do my best and have a great time with friends!  Luckily, we did not go in the direction of the head wind much so it was not too bad.

Coming towards the end of my ride, I had wondered if my hamstring was going to act up like it did a few days ago.  After finishing, my hamstring feels great; I will cross my fingers that it will last!

After having a few days off from running, I am looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow!  Running is the sport that made me fall in love with fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment