Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 9

Brrrr - It is cold out there! :D


Another early morning!  I usually have plans on Tuesday night that prevent me from working out in the evenings; tonight, I went to a volunteer meeting with my fellow Team 13 volunteers and talked about the upcoming season.

This morning my workout consisted of a 30 minute slow run followed by a 35 minute slow bike.  My phone said that it was 56 degrees before I went outside so I put on light clothing; my phone said it was 44 degrees when I finished an hour later!!  I was freezing!  I was alright during my run; it wasn't until I got on the bike that I felt the wind.  I will not let that happen again - on my run/ride days I will have some heavy and light gear picked out for the next morning until it starts warming up again :)

Here are the links to my workouts:

Run: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/166679046

Ride: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/166679056


Volunteer Meeting

I have talked about it before - Team 13 - this group played a huge role in helping me where I am today.  I learned about Team 13 on the YMCA Half Marathon website and thought that it would be nice to train with other people who are trying to accomplish the same goal I have; over 350 people were showing up to the trainings!!

I participated in the Team 13 trainings in 2010; I decided that 2011 was the year to pay it back.  I have started volunteering for Team 13 and it has been so rewarding to see people battling the same challenges I did just a couple years ago.

Tonight I met with some of the other volunteers to mainly socialize and talk about what we are going to do this upcoming year.  Team 13 starts on July 10th so I will only have a little over a month of training left before I can give full focus to Team 13.  Before my Ironman event, I will do everything I can (including getting up early) to make it to the trainings - After my event, I will just focus on Team 13/Half Marathon training so my work load will be lightened.

30 to 13

In addition to Team 13, I started 30 to 13 at work last year; it is a goal to get 30 people to cross the finish line in October.  Last year, 30 to 13 had 15 finishers; I hope I can get it to 30 this year!!!  It was inspiring to see all of the people who did not think they could do it, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment