Monday, April 2, 2012

Training - Day 1

I do not work on Mondays; so today, I woke up and took the dogs to the groomer and then came home and did a 40 minute run at an easy pace.  After my run I had to shower and go to the dentist for a cleaning :)  -  I love leaving the dentist office after having my teeth cleaned.  Once I got home, I mowed the grass and then rinsed off to go swimming!  Very busy day!!

At the pool, I swam the following:

Warm up: 4x200 yards
Main: 1500 Yards

My swim coach was there who is also the person that can certify me to swim in open water; open water typically requires a 1200 yard swim so I asked if i could swim the 1500 and she would count that towards my certification and she did :)

After swimming 1500 yards, I had to retrieve 3 rings and a 10lb ball at 7ft deep to finalize my open water certification - I am now open water certified and I knocked it out while training so I do not have to make a special trip.


RIGHT NOW:

It is 9PM and I am about to go get my bike ready so I can wake up in the morning and run 30 minutes followed by a 60 min ride!


FEELING:

Great!  I am not fearing any injuries and I am stretching a lot just to be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment