Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 11

Day 11

I slept in this morning and went running when I got home from work - I experienced the first demotivating thought since I started the training. 

Before my Run

I started thinking about how tired I was this morning and how I am looking forward to sleeping in on Sunday.  I thought that maybe I could skip the swimming planned for tomorrow because I know that I can swim 1000 yards already.


During my Run

I took a nice and slow run that last 60 minutes and was a little over 6 miles.  During this run, I thought about if I would go swimming tomorrow because I was so tired.

 I started telling myself:

  • I needed to take a break
  • I have been training hard
  • I could actually over-train and cause problems
  • If I rest then I can go harder on another day

EXCUSES!!  When I got to the third excuse I realized the truth, that I was making excuses because I was tired and lost focus.  The training is not easy and I will need to remind myself of this over the next 129 days!  If I want the reward, finishing, then I need to work hard for it!


While running up a hill, a woman slowed down because a car was coming in the opposite direction; I am grateful that she noticed me to slow down but she still scared me when her car mirror came very close to touching me and I had to jump in the grass to avoid it.  She was not going fast enough to hurt me but it was still a little scary because she could have accidentally ran over my foot or something!

While running on the first long stretch of road, there were a ton of tiny little bugs flying and I probably looked pretty funny when I started swatting them all away from my face :D


After my Run

I stretched and regained the motivation to continue my training tomorrow!  Excuses will keep you from your goal and I am not letting anything get between me and the finish line - okay, maybe several hundred triathletes that are faster than I am can get between me and the finish line ;)  But I WILL FINISH!



Tomorrow

1000 Yard Swim
45 min Bike


No comments:

Post a Comment